The Conflicts Investigation Centre Scientific Research Laboratory is a scientific investigation structure unique in our Republic and in the region as a whole. The Conflicts Investigation Centre was established in November 2017 by the Order of the AUL Scientific Board and the Rector of the University Academician K.Abdulla. In January 2018 Doctor of Philosophy in Political Sciences, Associate Professor S.Hamidov was appointed the Head of the Centre.
The aims and main activities of the Centre are as follows:
- To be a structure with progressive experience in the study of conflicts;
- To analyze the conflicts and develop original theoretical approaches (postulates);
- To conduct researches meeting high/international quality requirements in the fields of conflicts, peace, security, formation of statehood and human rights and publish them;
- To study the historical-political, geopolitical, ideological, mental reasons for Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorni Garabagh conflict, research its solution perspectives and develop the related prognoses;
- To establish cooperation with practical politicians in order generate a link between theory and practice;
- To develop prognoses to prevent and eliminate the factors threatening the national security of Azerbaijan by defining them;
- To research the international security and cooperation issues, to investigate the problems of cyber-security, energy security and financing of terrorism.
The Conflicts Investigation Centre is taking actions to establish relations with the leading brain centres of the world, conduct joint researches and have publications with them.
Head of the Conflicts Investigation Centre Scientific Research Laboratory
Hamidov Samir Sabir oghlu,
Doctor of Philosophy in Political Sciences, Associate Professor
E-mail: [email protected]