Department of Curriculum Development and Education Policy
Department of Education was established on June 6, 1973, as part of APIFL to the 50th anniversary of the Soviet Union.
In 2006, the registration division began to activate within the Department of Education.
In 2013, center for quality provision was merged with training department, began to function as Department of Curriculum and Quality control.
As a result of the structural changes implemented in 2016, several centers were established within the department:
1) Quality provision and work and alumni center,
2) Experience, professional development and career center
3) Student admission and registration center
4) Knowledge assessment and monitoring center.
The department was changed into department of Curriculum development and education policy.
Curriculum development and education policy include following directions:
- The university’s main educational documents on the basis of standards of education – curriculum, development of staff schedules curriculum and teaching process and the interaction of departments of the university;
- Analysis of the information on management of the learning process and generalization, preparation of relevant decisions of University;
- Grounded planning and organizing of the learning process;
- Control system information provision of the teaching process education and professional development in all forms of training;
- Constant improvement of the normative-methodical documents relating to the training process;
- The planning and preparation of tables of the work of the educational seminars, examination sessions and State Attestation Commission;
- The preparation of orders and decrees relating to the educational process of the rector;
- Control over teachers and students academic discipline;
- The organization and control of the test sessions, summaries and analysis of their results;
- Regardless of specialty and form of education of bachelor’s and master’s degrees at the University, to organize and carry out assessment of the students’ achievements (UOMG’s);
- Control the implementation and verification of test results in joint form with schools deans and departments;
- Monitor the affairs of the State Attestation Commission, to summarize and analyze the results on the basis of reports commission chairmen;
13 Calculations and other documents for the establishment of departments of states, teachers and curriculums and teaching loads chairs normal controls, ensure compliance with the teaching load;
- Preparation of the announcement of the competition of election teaching staff, as well as to fill vacant positions;
15 Checking on separate issues of teaching and methodical work of departments and schools, participation in surveillance events on the basis of rector’s plan;
- The correspondence with citizens and offices on training issues;
- Preparation of the data of the state statistical reporting;
- The organization of teaching, production and pedagogical practices, making agreement with their basis in implementation of practice, to observe the practices and the adoption of reports in accordance with practices;
19 To realize self-analyze and self-appraisal at the University.
Head of the Department of Curriculum and Education Policy
Shafag Ismail Shahmammadova
Tel: (+99412) 440 64 82
Mammad Allahverdi Ismayilov
Tel: (+99412) 440 10 64 (ext 2, 19)
Tel: (+99412) 441 22 7879 (ext 2, 60)
Fatma Nazim Gurbanzadeh
Tel: (+99412) 441 22 7879 (extension 1, 33)